25.7 C
Lagos
Tuesday, May 19, 2026

BREAKING: Bandits behead kidnapped Oyo teacher

Share this:

Terror bandits who raided Oyo community High School last week, have beheaded one of the abducted teachers identified as Michael Oyedokun.

He was beheaded in a new video released by the terrorists on Sunday.

The video, which was sighted by Diaspora Digital Media on Monday, revealed that the teacher was brutally killed after being tied and forced to speak.

While confirming the unfortunate killing of the teacher, Dr Suleimon Olanrewaju, spokesman to governor Seyi Makinde, in a statement on Monday, said the governor extended his heartfelt condolences to the victim’s family and assured his government would explore both kinetic and non-kinetic strategies to rescue others in the kidnappers’ den.

READ ALSO:  Your Hardship is Like Painful Surgery - Tinubu Tells Nigerians

He added that about six suspects related to the kidnapping incident have been arrested.

He equally sympathised with the family members of the tactical team of soldiers, Amotekun Corps and local vigilantes, who lost their lives in the rescue operation.

Suleimon said the operatives lost their lives when they ran into Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), planted by the abductors.

He stated that the wounded security operatives were responding positively to treatment and that the government would spare no cost in taking care of them.

READ ALSO:  Ukachukwu Condemns Ogidi Mass Killings, Says "One Killing Too Many!"

He appealed to the victims’ relatives, religious bodies and other interested parties to exercise patience, promising that the government will rescue and reunite the victims with their families.

“So, please, there may not be quick fixes, but we will continue to endeavour to push ourselves to the limit to resolve this quickly.

“What we know right now is that seven teachers in all were abducted. And, unfortunately, we got a video this morning that one of the teachers, I understand, the mathematics teacher, was killed by the terrorists,” he stated.

READ ALSO:  Senate received 250 petitions against ambassadorial nominees

Makinde said the government has achieved some success with the operation, with some individuals already taken into custody in connection with the situation.

“Well, from the information available from the Commissioner of Police, about six individuals have been arrested within the locality.

“Some of them, we believe, are perhaps informants or people running logistics for the terrorists.

“Also, three individuals of interest have been arrested by another security outfit within the state,” he said.

 

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -spot_img

Latest NEWS

Trending News