27.4 C
Lagos
Saturday, February 21, 2026

2 bodies recovered from Lagos collapsed two-storey building

Share this:

A two-storey building under construction collapsed on Tuesday night in the Ikota area of Lekki, Lagos State, claiming the lives of two adult males.

At the time of filing this report, rescue operations are ongoing.

Though, emergency responders have expressed concerns that more individuals may still be trapped beneath the rubble.

The Lagos Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr. Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed the fatalities, noting that investigations are underway to determine the cause of the collapse.

READ ALSO:  Christian Killings in Nigeria ‘Not Genocide’ — Pastor Adefarasin

“The LTO received a distress call after a collapsed building at the above address situated at Ikota, Ajah axis of Lagos State,” Farinloye said in a statement.

“On arrival at the incident scene, it was discovered that a two-storey building under construction was found to have collapsed.

“The immediate cause of the incident is unknown and further investigation will be conducted.

“So far, the bodies of an adult male and a young boy was recovered and five (5) adult males with serious injuries have been rescued and taken to the hospital.

READ ALSO:  Tinubu gives insight into source of wealth, accuses critics of envy

“Information indicates that more people are likely to still be under the rubble.”

Also, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said “search and rescue operations are ongoing”.

“The agency alongside other common stakeholders were able to rescue the victims while the agency’s heavy duty equipment has been dispatched,” Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, LASEMA spokesman, said.

 

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks