35.8 C
Lagos
Sunday, February 22, 2026

JUST IN: Trump Orders Release of US Files on Aliens, UFOs

Share this:

Donald Trump has directed United States government agencies to begin preparing for the release of classified files related to aliens, extraterrestrial life and unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), following renewed public debate sparked by remarks from former president Barack Obama.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the move was prompted by “tremendous interest” in information concerning unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and related phenomena.

He instructed agencies, including the United States Department of Defense, to prepare documents connected to extraterrestrial life, UAP sightings and other related matters for possible release.

Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One earlier Thursday, Trump accused Obama of disclosing classified information during a recent podcast appearance, saying, “He’s not supposed to be doing that. He made a big mistake.”

READ ALSO:  Nigeria Lost $2.8b Revenue In 2018 — United Nations

When asked whether he personally believes aliens exist, Trump said he does not have a firm opinion on the subject.

Obama podcast remarks spark debate

The directive follows comments Obama made during an interview with podcast host Brian Tyler Cohen, in which he said:

“They’re real, but I haven’t seen them, and they’re not being kept in Area 51.”

He added there was no hidden underground facility concealing extraterrestrials unless a vast conspiracy had kept it from the president.

READ ALSO:  Court berates EFCC over continued detention of Jonathan's cousin

After the remarks generated headlines, Obama clarified in a social media post that he saw no evidence during his presidency that extraterrestrials had contacted Earth.

He explained he was referring to the statistical likelihood of life existing elsewhere in the universe, given its immense scale.

Growing public interest and past investigations

Public fascination with UFOs and extraterrestrial life has intensified in recent years. In 2017, reports revealed a previously undisclosed Pentagon programme tasked with investigating sightings reported by military personnel.

In 2022, the U.S. Congress held its first public hearings on UFOs in more than five decades, after which the Pentagon created a dedicated office to collect and analyse encounters with unidentified aerial phenomena.

READ ALSO:  JUST IN: Two Killed in US Varsity Shooting

A House panel review in 2023 produced no confirmation of alien life. In a 2024 report, the Pentagon said there was “no evidence” that the U.S. government had encountered extraterrestrial beings, noting that most reported sightings involved ordinary objects.

Trump’s latest directive signals a renewed push for transparency on the subject amid sustained political interest and public curiosity about the possibility of life beyond Earth.

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks