32.7 C
Lagos
Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Bandits invade Kaduna community, kill 3, kidnap 13

Share this:

Armed bandits have reportedly invaded Damari town in eastern part of Birnin-Gwari local government area of Kaduna State, killing three persons — Hashimu Dan-Daura, Nazifi Adamu and Alhaji Dangude — and abducting another 13 in the process.

The Chairman of Birnin-Gwari Emirate Progressives Union (BEPU), Ishaq Usman Kasai, confirmed the attack in a statement on Wednesday.

Kasai said the bandits, who came on motorcycles, launched the attack shortly after Ansaru terrorist group protecting the community withdrew for the day.

He said the bandits operated freely for about an hour in the town, looting shops in the community as the rage on.

According to him, the Ansaru group had earlier engaged in a fierce fight to protect Damari town and its environs from attacks by the bandits.

READ ALSO:  Tragedy Strikes at Beja AirShow: Pilot Killed in Mid-Air Collision

They vowed to defend some Birnin Gwari communities they captured, warning that neither election nor government activities will take place in those places.

Kasai said: “On Monday 25th July, 2022 around 6:00pm, terrorists armed bandits in large number on motorcycles wielding sophisticated weapons invaded Damari town of Kazage Ward in the Eastern part of Birnin-Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing three people, namely; Hashimu Dan-Daura, Nazifi Adamu and Alhaji Dangude.

“The terrorists bandits operated in the town stylishly unchallenged for about an hour.

READ ALSO:  Col Adegbe, ADC to Ex-President Jonathan Arrested – The will

“The bandits also returned the following day on 26th July, 2022 around 6:00pm, forcefully looted many shops of traders in the town and on their way back to the forests kidnapped 13 persons at Hayin-Gada of the same Damari community.

“The attacks came after Ansaru members who were considered to be defending the locals deserted the area for about four days now.

“It could be recalled that, Ansaru members clashed with the bandits when they earlier invaded the town on 13th July, 2022 where damages were made to the town including burning of private hospital, two vehicles and one shop.

READ ALSO:  Abuja Area Councils comprehensive election results at a glance

“However, following the recent series of attacks, residents, including women and children, continued to flee the community for safety.

“We therefore call on Government to address the continued loss of lives and property in the area,” he concluded.

©Copyright 2022 News Band

(If you would like to receive CURRENT NEWS updates from News Band on WhatsApp, join here; for Telegram, join here. If the group is full, send WhatsApp/Telegram message to +234 905 038 2526. You can also send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to elstimmy@gmail.com; follow us on twitter @News Band; like our Facebook page: News Band.)

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks