31 C
Lagos
Saturday, February 21, 2026

“If Wike Were My Younger Brother, He Would Not Behave This Way” – Ireti Kingibe Criticizes Nyesom Wike

Share this:

(DDM) – The Senator representing the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Ireti Kingibe, has publicly criticized the Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike, accusing him of refusing to collaborate with her in delivering governance to residents of the capital.

Speaking during an appearance on Politics Today on Channels Television, Kingibe alleged that the Minister operates in an autocratic manner and is unwilling to engage with key stakeholders in the FCT administration.

According to her, multiple attempts to foster cooperation through official correspondence have not yielded positive responses.

“If the Minister were my younger brother, he wouldn’t behave this way. I am only about governance,” Kingibe said during the interview.

READ ALSO:  EFCC Arrests Seven In Ibadan Over Alleged Internet Fraud

She further stated that she had written several letters expressing her willingness to work with the Minister for the benefit of FCT residents but claimed that those efforts were not reciprocated.

“You can see the letters I have written to the Minister, all of them telling how I am willing to work with him; the Minister is not willing to work with anybody,” she said.

Kingibe also alleged that the Minister’s leadership style extends beyond her office, claiming he is not working harmoniously with officials of the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) or mandate secretaries within the FCT administration.

READ ALSO:  Trump Administration Defends Secrecy As Lawmakers Dispute Drug Boat Strike Briefings

“The Minister thinks governance is about what he alone thinks and what he alone wants,” she added.

In a related development, the senator expressed reservations about the movement restriction imposed ahead of the FCT Area Council elections.

Wike had earlier declared a restriction of movement from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday and announced Friday as a work-free day to allow residents prepare for the polls.

However, speaking in a separate interview on Arise Television, Kingibe argued that the curfew was unnecessary and restrictive in a democratic society.

She stated that from her observations, both security arrangements and logistics for the election were already in place.

READ ALSO:  Police explains arrests of six protesting teachers in Ilorin

“We the members of the different area councils followed the materials yesterday, so we know that the materials have arrived and everything seems to be on track,” she said.

Kingibe questioned the justification for the restriction, emphasizing that there were no reported security breaches warranting such action.

“Many residents have various activities and responsibilities in the evening, and such a curfew unnecessarily limits their freedom in a democratic society,” she noted.

The exchange highlights ongoing political tensions within the FCT leadership structure, particularly as the Area Council elections draw heightened attention to governance, administrative cooperation, and electoral conduct in the nation’s capital.

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks