26.9 C
Lagos
Thursday, February 19, 2026

JUST IN: ICPC Raids El-Rufai’s Abuja Residence Amid Ongoing Probe

Share this:

Officials of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on Thursday raided the Abuja residence of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, as investigations into alleged financial misconduct continue.

The operation followed his arrest after he was granted bail by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). El-Rufai had honoured an EFCC invitation earlier in the week.

The ICPC had confirmed in a statement on Wednesday that the former governor was in its custody.

READ ALSO:  Buhari writes Senate; to present 2016 Budget to Nass joint session

According to the commission’s Head of Media and Public Communications, J. Okor Odey, El-Rufai was being held in connection with ongoing investigations, although details of the allegations were not disclosed.

Reports on Thursday night indicated that the search was conducted at his Aso Drive residence in Abuja. Muyiwa Adekeye, spokesman to the former governor, disclosed the development on social media, stating that the property was searched by ICPC officials.

El-Rufai’s lawyer, Ubong Akpan, reportedly condemned the action, describing it as unlawful and a violation of legal procedures and fundamental rights.

READ ALSO:  Peter Obi may become president in 2023, says Farooq Kperogi

As of the time of filing this report, authorities had not issued an official statement detailing the outcome of the search or whether a warrant was presented.

The Kaduna State House of Assembly had earlier recommended a probe of the former governor over alleged fraud amounting to N432 billion an allegation he has consistently denied.

The ICPC said further updates would be provided in due course in line with its mandate and established procedures.

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks