25.5 C
Lagos
Thursday, February 19, 2026

Trump Denies Reports of U.S. Deploying Bombers Near Venezuela, Calls Story “False”

Share this:

U.S. President Donald Trump has strongly denied media reports claiming that American B-1 bombers were flown near Venezuela amid rising tensions with Caracas.

Speaking to reporters at the White House on Thursday, Trump dismissed the claims as “false” and insisted that Washington had not taken any such military action.

However, he admitted that the United States remained “very unhappy with Venezuela.”

The denial followed a report published by The Wall Street Journal earlier in the day, which alleged that U.S. Air Force B-1 bombers were deployed close to Venezuelan airspace as part of a show of force.

READ ALSO:  Hope Whispers, Bombs Fall: Ceasefire Looms as Gaza Bleeds

The report quickly gained traction on social media and among international outlets, fueling speculation about a potential escalation in U.S.–Venezuela relations.

Trump’s remarks appeared intended to calm fears of military confrontation in the region, particularly amid strained ties between Washington and Caracas.

Under his administration, the U.S. has imposed a series of economic sanctions on Venezuela, citing human rights abuses and corruption under President Nicolás Maduro’s government.

While the Pentagon and White House have yet to issue detailed statements, Trump’s firm denial suggests Washington is seeking to avoid further diplomatic fallout at a time when tensions with several Latin American nations are already high.

READ ALSO:  Trump Says Nobel Peace Prize Loss Fueled Greenland Takeover Push

The alleged bomber flights, if true, would have marked a significant escalation in U.S. posture toward Venezuela a nation the Trump administration has frequently criticized for its authoritarian policies and economic mismanagement.

Analysts say the timing of the report could not have been more sensitive, coming as Washington reassesses its strategy in Latin America and weighs new sanctions.

“Even unverified reports like this can heighten anxiety in the region,” said a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.

“The U.S. is trying to maintain pressure on Maduro without sparking panic or unintended military incidents.”

READ ALSO:  US Govt Shutdown Looms as Senate Blocks Key Vote

For now, Trump’s denial seems aimed at quelling speculation while reinforcing that Washington’s frustrations with Caracas remain unresolved.

Share this:
RELATED NEWS
- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks