32.3 C
Lagos
Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Police goes after mastermind of NASS legislative aides’ thuggery

Share this:

Police goes after mastermind of NASS legislative aides’ thuggery

The Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command has invited one Darlington Udeh for questioning.

Mr. Udeh is to explain why he organised thugs to disrupt the inauguration of the National Assembly Legislative Aides Forum.

The forum was led by Samuel Mayowa Melaye after a competitive election.

Udeh is to appear before the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) National Assembly Division tomorrow (Monday) to explain why he led thugs to disrupt the inauguration of Melaye as chairman of NASSLAF.

Udeh’s group complained that NASSLAF’s last administration of Mahmood Muhammed the North Central has had its shot and cannot come again.

Muhammed is now a member of the House of Representatives, and from the North Central.

“The North Central cannot produce our chairman again.

READ ALSO:  Makinde insists Queen Naomi, others must be tried for Ibadan stampede

“We have North West, North East, South South, South East and South West. 

“All these zones are ably represented in our union. 

“So we cannot allow a particular person or zone to shortchange us or box us into one corner”, they stated.

After the election held on Thursday, April 28, 2016, Udeh was said to have, last week, invaded the venue of the inauguration with thugs.

Melaye, the immediate younger brother to the Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT, Otunba Dino Melaye emerged victorious.

Dino Melaye represents Kogi West on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

As guests waited for the arrival of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, who was scheduled to perform the inauguration, Udeh’s thugs shouted of “Ole, Ole”.

READ ALSO:  Commissioner advocates higher tax on Sugary drinks to combat diseases

He allegedly sat on the seat meant for Saraki and declared himself chairman of NASSLAF, while his supporters pelted guests with satchels of pure water.

The invitation letter with ref. No. AR:3000/FCT/NASS/VOL.7/26, dated May 5 2016, entitled: “Investigation Activities-Re: Case of breach of peace and public disturbance”, was sent to the Chief of Staff to the Deputy Senate President.

Mr. Udeh works in his office.

The letter, obtained by National Assembly correspondents on Sunday in Abuja, was signed by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Nancy Ajaponna, a Chief Superintendent of Police .

It reads: “There is a case of breach of peace and public disturbance reported against one of the Aides, Mr. Darlington Udeh in which the Commissioner of Police, FCT Command, has directed a detailed investigation of the case.

READ ALSO:  Naira exchange rate for Wednesday morning, November 24

“This office is requesting Mr. Darlington Udeh to report to the Divisional Crime Officer, National Assembly Division Office on Monday (today) May 9 2016 at 10:00 hours.”

Sources said that Udeh has gone underground for fear of arrest.

He may, however, be declared wanted by the police, if he does not honour the invitation.

The invitation letter was copied to the Commissioner of Police in charge of Finance and Administration and the Area Commander, FCT metropolis. 

See the copy of the letter below:

© Copyright 2015 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: “Elombah.com”

Share this:
RELATED NEWS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Latest NEWS

Trending News

Get Notifications from DDM News Yes please No thanks